Sections

Monday, January 20, 2014

Another Small Game Prototype

I had a great week last week!
Today I wanted to share another game prototype I made. I spend a bit more than only 24hrs on this one.

In a month Valentine's Day is coming up. So I planed this prototype with the theme of "love" in mind.

"Love O Love is a game where you play an armadillo that was been used for military genetic experiments. Together with his girlfriend, both are subjects of painful tests every day. 
One day, since the "male subject" was not giving good result, he kicked out of the program and is ditched in the sewers. Angry and worried he decides to go look for his beloved and rescue her from her painful captivity.
As our hero gets out of the sewers, he finds himself in the city. But, the city look peculiarly smaller than he remembered. Not just the city.. but everything looked smaller. Then he noticed! He was the one that actually grew!

With his new size, he take on the human kind in order to safe his love."

Take as references:
- Sonic the Hedgehog 
- Rock of Ages
- Angry Birds
- Godzilla
- King Kong



I'm really happy with the result of all the coding I did. I never tried to work with physic torque before but I feel the result is quite decent!
I also experimented with click+drag to rotate the camera. It works ALMOST perfectly. I had to go all over the math behind it... I really needed the math review on some topics!
Still on this prototype I disabled the click+drag so you don't need to click anything and just move the mouse to rotate the camera. 

The current stage of the prototype only gives you a small level, no edges (so don't fall out), 16 buildings to break down and a timer that will tell you how long you took. Look at the red pillars, those need to fall for the building to count as destroyed.
It's not much, but you can get an idea where this is going.

Controls:
ASDW + Mouse

Here is the link:
Love O Love
(You need Unity Web-player to play this)


I hope you enjoy it!


No comments:

Post a Comment