Sections

Monday, February 27, 2017

Catching Up - Part 1

It's been a while... and now that I notice and look back from the last time I wrote something, so much has happened!

So, let's look back at 2015.
During this year I worked on 3 mayor projects, of which I can say only talk about 2 of them. I met a lot of great people and learn tons of new things!

Today, I'll talk a little about this one!



I'm somewhat proud of this project, proud of what I was able to achieve as a new programmer professional. Even thought my experience, I was the lead programmer for this title. This bought many challenges... a new view on some things... and new skills! (Level UP!)

Truth is at first I was scared, yet exited!
Picture little me there, responsible for the whole game's code. I felt so small with such a large task, it was overwhelming...
The amount of control and "power" I had over so many aspects of the game were such that it worried me (I felt under-experienced at the time), but it also gave me freedom to work as I thought was best..
But I wasn't all alone, so as I worked on this, doing things "my way", I would go and check-in or ask for feedback from my pairs. 
I can't say everything went perfect, but for the most part everything went great, and for the rest, they were great chances to learn more!
Every big step I took felt like uncharted territory to me, each came with the fear of failure, the drive for knowledge, and the excitement of the opportunities and possibilities that each step might bring!


Remembering this experience, I can't help to think of how much of a great time it was and how much fun I had!


I would like to also use this opportunity to thank everyone that worked with me back then and helped me to bring this great experience to the virtual stores! Thank you!



[j]

No comments:

Post a Comment